Big data represents a significant paradigm shift in enterprise technology. Big data radically changes the nature of the data management profession as it introduces new concerns about the volume, velocity and variety of corporate data. This change means that we must also adjust technologies and strategies when fueling the corporation with valuable and actionable information. Big data enables companies to gain insight into new business opportunities (and threats) and stands to transform much of what the modern enterprise is today. Some clear conclusions that we can draw are as follows,
- Big data is addressing real market needs based on a new technological advance.
- While many are in an explorative phase looking at different use cases, several beneficial big data usage patterns have emerged.
- Data integration is crucial to managing big data, but project governance and data quality will be key areas of focus for big data projects.
- Big data projects will move from experimentation into a strategic corporate asset.
- Developer tools are needed to fuel adoption of these new technologies and reduce the current dependency on highly skilled developers. All major infrastructure and database vendors are bringing big data solutions to market.
Genesis has unrivalled experience, technology, and an integrated solution set that has proven effective in managing some of the world’s most demanding Big Data environments. Helping organizations store, manage and protect massive files and peta bytes of data whether it is video content being converted from analog to digital for long-term preservation or genome .BAM files that researchers want to keep “forever,” Genesis solutions has been handling Big Data problems for long. We continue to pioneer solutions in de-duplication, file systems, integrated disk and tape storage and archive. Although we offer complete solutions and a range of purpose-built, plug-in ready appliances, our commitment to supporting heterogeneity means that we can help you make the most of your existing investment in infrastructure as you step up to the challenges posed by Big Data.